Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Jeremy Hunt Is One Tough Dude


December 17, 2006, 09:45 PM

Jeremy Hunt is one tough dude

Folks, I won't lie to ya. For a couple minutes during practice today, I thought senior Jeremy Hunt's season -- and career -- were over.

Luckily, he emerged from a collision with freshman Pierre Niles apparently unscatched and finished practice at seemingly full speed. But given Hunt's injury history, which reads like War and Peace, I can tell you that I was not the only person in Finch Center holding his breath while Hunt was down on the floor for a couple minutes in pretty severe pain.

Here's the short version of what happened: The Tigers were doing a 2-on-2 drill in which the guard handling the ball either goes in for a layup or passes to a big man. Niles was trying to make a defensive play on Hunt but got tangled up with him. Hunt fell to the floor hard, and Niles stumbled down, landing right on top of Hunt's legs with pretty much all of his 290 pounds.

I've seen a bunch of practice collisions in my years covering sports, and I'll tell you that this one did not look good. It was a very unfortunate play on Pierre's part, and there was a big air of relief when Hunt was able to walk it off. I talked to him after practice, and he said he would be fine.

Posted in Tiger Basketball by Dan Wolken

No comments: