Search This Blog

Friday, April 03, 2009

Thoughts on the Memphis Program


As my life and job have been very busy over the past year, I didn't have time to support this blog as I did over the two previous seasons. It was tough not supplying the stories and facts and opinions about Memphis basketball that I so enjoy reading, writing and opining.

It is with sadness that I watched the events of the past week unfold and the John Calipari era come to a close. Change is never easy and the success of the Memphis program has been intoxicating. I hope that at least some of the recruiting class is left entact as we need some opportunity to retain some status in basketball circles.

I have no doubt that the University of Memphis basketball program will survive and again thrive. This program has seen glory days in the 50's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the 2000's. It has seen glory under several different head coaches - Bob Vanetta, Gene Bartow, Dana Kirk, Larry Finch and, of course, John Calipari.

So, in some ways, I believe it is my obligation as a true fan to once again start writing when I can to make sure the information is getting out about the Tigers.

No comments: