Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

Evans in draft to 'see what happens'


Evans in draft to 'see what happens'
ESPN.com

Memphis' Tyreke Evans will declare for the NBA draft, but will not sign with an agent and could return to the Tigers next season.

"I am pursuing what has been a dream of mine for a long time, and that is to play someday in the NBA," Evans said in a school-issued news release. "I am thankful to Coach [Josh] Pastner and my family and friends for their support.

"I am putting my name in the draft and see what happens. I will attend some workouts and see what feedback I receive. Once I have all the information available to me, I will sit down with my family and talk about what's the next step to take -- either to remain in the NBA draft or return for another season of college basketball here at Memphis."

Evans, a freshman, led Memphis to a No. 1 ranking and a trip to the Sweet 16, where the Tigers lost to Missouri. Evans led Memphis is scoring at 17.1 points per game. He also averaged 5.4 rebounds and 3.9 assists.

1 comment:

Meriden Vacuum Repair said...

Appreciate youur blog post