Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Vitale's Five Reasons To Get Excited About College Hoops
Vitale's five reasons to get excited about college hoops
ESPN's Dick Vitale gives us five reasons to get excited about the start of college basketball practice, even if it is college football season:
1. The arrival of diaper dandies like O.J. Mayo (Southern Cal), Kevin Love (UCLA), Michael Beasley (Kansas State) and Co. I can't wait to see if they will shine.
2. Watch how the Florida Gators respond after winning back-to-back titles now that the starting five is gone.
3. Seeing how big-name coaches such as Tubby Smith (Minnesota), Bobby Huggins (West Virginia) and John Beilein (Michigan) fare in new environments.
4. Look at the response to the Billy Gillispie show in Lexington, Ky. Big Blue fans should be happy.
5. After two straight Elite Eight appearances, is this the year John Calipari cuts down the nets with Memphis?