Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ed Land, Jr.'s Recap of Midnight Madness

http://memphissport.typepad.com/ed/2007/10/t-i-g-e-r-s-tig.html

T-I-G-E-R-S, Tigers! The Madness Begins...
If you weren't at Memphis Madness, here's what you missed:

-A crazy and sick toss-the-ball-in-the-air, run-under-it, jump, catch the ball, double-pump power dunk by Derrick Rose. 1 try. 1 ball through the net.
-The presence of Andre Turner and Elliott Perry as dunk contest judges.
-About 25 ally-oops during the Tiger's scrimmage.
-Some really big Chinese guys shooting the 3.
-A heart-felt thank you from John Calipari to the fans, for coming out despite the many Friday night alternatives.
-The official beginning of the Tigers 2007-2008 Championship Season!

Be sure to look for Derrick Rose in "The Interview" in the upcoming issue of Memphis Sport Magazine. For now, here are a couple of photos...my personal favorite is the dry-erase board denoting the starting line-ups for the Memphis Madness scrimmage. I wish I could get the Derrick Rose video dunk on here for everyone, but I don't have the skillz. That should be obvious, considering the terribly annoying way that the stupid photo program displays all of the pictures below. Trust me, it looks nothing like that every time I re-save it.

Later! Ed Land, Jr.

No comments: