Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2006

NBA Draft: Darius Washington Diary, Journal Entry #2


NBA Draft: Darius Washington Diary

Memphis point guard Darius Washington has until June 18th to announce his NBA Draft intentions. After averaging 13 ppg and 3 apg in just 26 mpg during his sophomore season, the Florida native is hoping to work his way into the First Round. For now, he checks in with CHN during this busy workout period.

Journal entry #2 - June 15, 2006
I spent last week at the NBA pre draft camp in Orlando. The week went really well for me. I did what I needed to do. I went out there and played hard. I went 12-17 shooting including 5 three-pointers and finally had the chance to display the different aspects of my game: shooting, defense, leadership and my overall will to win. I think there were some people that came out to the camp skeptical of what I could really do and I definitely feel that I made an impression on those coaches and showed them I am determined to fulfill my dream of playing in the NBA.

I didn't want to go to the camp at first because I thought my high school and college career spoke for itself and I've been working so hard this last month training at IMG and working out with Coach Lucas. It was hard to hear but my dad and my trainers were honest with me and told me I needed to go to the pre draft camp to prove myself to those coaches. As I've been told throughout my entire life, you can't be all things to all people so you have to go out there and show the skeptics a glimpse at what your coaches and supporters see in you and that is the mindset I have going into the next couple workouts I have coming up before the draft. Only time will tell.

Thanks for your support, DWash

No comments: