Search This Blog

Monday, July 02, 2007

Two Memphians on Grizzlies Summer League Roster

Two Memphians on Griz summer league roster
July 2, 2007

Jeremy Hunt and Scooter McFadgon, a pair of Memphis-bred shooting guards, will be part of the Grizzlies' summer league team in Las Vegas this summer.

Hunt, who finished his University of Memphis career by helping the Tigers to their second straight Elite Eight appearance in March, played his high school basketball at Craigmont. McFadgon played two years at Memphis after graduating from Raleigh-Egypt, then transferred and played two years at Tennessee. He played in the NBA's development league last year and averaged 18 points for Bakerfield.

‘‘It’s a good situation for me, with me being a hometown guy,’’ Hunt said. ‘‘I’ve just got to go out and just play my game. I can’t try to do something I normally don’t do. I’m just going to play how they want me to play."

Said McFadgon: ‘‘Jeremy, he’s like a brother to me. ‘We grew up together, stayed together, but when we get out on the court, I know he’s not going to take it light on me and I’m not going to take it light on him. It’s nothing personal, but when we get out there, it’s business. We’re going to compete. He’s a competitor and I’m a competitor.’’

The Grizzlies will hold a two-day minicamp before leaving Thursday for Las Vegas.

No comments: